CLICK THE JUKEBOX TO GET TO MY iTunes PODCAST (free to download and subscribe)
RADIO SHOW, the Riot is on an indefinite hiatus, looking for sponsors or paid gigs
Johnny’s Paypal link (see the Want Johnny to Write for You page)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated April 25, 2018
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2018: The night's biggest moments - USA TODAY April 15, 2018
- 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - USA TODAY April 15, 2018
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2018 induction: Inside the ceremony - USA TODAY April 15, 2018
- Cutting Through The Bullshit With Throwback Rockers Them Evils - Kerrang! April 24, 2018
Tag Archives: rock and roll
For anyone who hasn’t lived in Toronto, Scarborough (or as it has been slagged, for decades, Scarberia) is part of the Greater Toronto Area and has been either a suburb of T-O or a city in its own right. Back … Continue reading
My latest iTunes podcast. Elvis Presley popularized the mix of country and R&B but Bill Haley was there first. Source material: Unsung Heroes of Rock and Roll, by Nick Tosches. Below, Elvis visits with Haley during Bill’s European tour.
My latest iTunes podcast (free to download and subscribe, and the episodes are relatively short). Legendary DJ Alan Freed introduces white kids to African American R&B. Reference material: Big Beat Heat by John A. Jackson.
My new iTunes podcast episode (free to listen and subscribe). The radio host tells the young rocker that the “folk music” scene has been looking for something new and he could be it. Country radio and fans weren’t so sure. … Continue reading